Saturday, February 7, 2009

Scripture Moment

I was preparing my YW's lesson about "Finding Joy Now" and this scripture really jumped out at me. Recently, in my head, I've been going over my past life: things that have brought me happiness and sadness. So many things have brought me both and I know people go around saying that they have no regrets, but heck yeah I have some...I wish I had been as smart as I knew I was back then. But...and we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose (Romans 8:28)...ok that's not the scripture I was talking about, but it is a favorite of mine.

Here's the one that jumped out at me:

Alma 41:10

Do not suppose, because it has been spoken concerning restoration that ye shall be restored from sin to happiness. Behold, I say unto you, wickedness never was happiness.

I guess all that sadness has helped me to really appreciate all of my happiness.

We each have the power to bring happiness into our own lives. Embrace it!

I hope 1 of these 2 scriptures can help add some joy into your life!

No comments: