Friday, January 16, 2009

2009 New Year Resolutions

So almost every year I make resolutions and somehow I manage to break them or forget them, or both. Last year, one of my resolutions (I can only remember 1, case in point) was to only talk on the phone 1 hour a day, it went well in the beginning but eventually it went kaput like all of the rest. I'm glad I didn't have my blog at the beginning of last year because I bet everyone would have said that they saw that one coming. Although, I have improved tremendously. I don't talk on the phone nearly as much as I used to.

This year I have 4 resolutions, that's right, I said 4 resolutions. Here they are:

1. Spend more quality time with my children
2. Work "hard" on my degree
3. Save Money
4. Work on my personal progress

So far I have a good start at the first 3. I think the personal progress one might be the one that falls off this year...though I'm not eligible to actually receive recognition for it until I've served for 1 yr. in my current calling, which won't be until June.

Needless to say, please root for me and if you notice me slacking, I give you permission to give me a little nudge. I will leave you with this quote:

We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day. ~Edith Lovejoy Pierce

No comments: