Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Nation Divided

I can't wait until this election is over. I've never been so fired up about one before. There are so many issues on the table. I can tell you that I don't totally agree with either candidate, but after doing my research, I have narrowed it down to one. I am going to pick the candidate that I feel will work best for our nation, not just for my individual needs or beliefs. This nation is far greater than just piddly little me. I take issue with people who vote blindly. You know those people who vote for another candidate just because of one issue and not looking at the whole picture, those who vote based on color alone, those who vote based on religion alone, and those who choose to not do the research and vote on someone just because someone else tells them to. I am so sick of the comments that are going around, they are very disheartening. Vote for who you want to, believe what you want to believe. I don't knock anyone for their beliefs, so don't knock me for mine. I am member of our church, a member of society, an american hopeful, and most of all an individual with my own mind that has the right to my own opinion. I am not taking aim at anyone in particular, I just feel that I need to express my opinion in somewhat of a tactful manner. I could easily just blurt out and attack others, but that would be too easy and not very thoughtful.

I can say this: I stand in a house divided. My husband and I will be voting for 2 different candidates this election and there is no contention in my home. This is all because he has stated on numerous occasions that I should do my own research and vote for whoever I think will best represent our nation. I love him, he's the best!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

perfectly put, my dear. Up until this month I have not added a single comment to the many political discussions that have taken place. Merely for the fact that it's not polite to talk politics unless you KNOW that everyone in the room agrees with you. I don't know why so many people have lost touch with this simple form of social grace. And just because you go to the same church as someone, doesn't mean they are voting the same as you. AMEN!